National Account Manager (Industrial Microbiology)
Field based Covering England & Wales
BD’s Industrial Microbiology B2B Business was created to develop strong and strategic relationships between BD & Industry Customers. With a dedicated portfolio of Industrial & Pharmaceutical Microbiology we work in partnership with our customers helping to ensure the safety of their products to patients and consumers.
The National Account Manager will join BD as a team member of the wider European Industrial Microbiology Team, working within the UKI Industrial Microbiology team, reporting directly to the Key Account Manager UKI & Nordics. The National Account Manager is responsible for sales and segment development of the Industrial Microbiology product portfolio in UK.
This is a National field-based role that will require travel nationally for European organization meetings and training. Access to the global organization is done during project discussion.
- To achieve the annually agreed sales objectives and growth within the region
- Drive category share with a focus on pharmaceutical, Personal Care Products companies
- Take ownership and accountability for all activity within assigned territory, and planning and organizing time and resource to meet all goals and objectives.
- Working with manager to execute on strategies and tactics in order to deliver growth and market share gains, growing the profile and reputation of the business through professional and mutually successful partnerships with the customer.
- Positioning BD as ‘front of mind’ solution in key areas of the Industrial Microbiology portfolio in strategic accounts and to KOLs
- Promote, sell & secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a customer centric approach within the territory
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Provide adequate and prompt after sales service
- Working Collaboratively with Customer Service in the management of Accounts to ensure the required service is delivered to the customer
- Work closely with internal functions, including Tech support, Regulatory/Quality, Production, Supply Chain and Customer Care department to ensure high quality service is attained in territory
- Close cooperation and experience sharing with the European Industrial Microbiology Team. Work collaboratively with BDX initiatives (Other BD business units)
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of a strategic plan for the territory in conjunction with reporting line.
- Highly embedded use of CRM (SFDC) & BD Way of Selling : Managing the Day to day activities pricing management; quotations, contracts, quality agreements and pricing renewals are delivered on time
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years sales experience ideally with experience selling Pharmaceutical Microbiology products or supplying products and services to Quality Assurance/ Production/ QC Microbiology stakeholders in the UK Pharmaceutical/ Biotech/ Personal Care production space. We would welcome applications from QC Microbiologists/ Quality Assurance working in Industry with experience in Pharmaceutical Microbiology, wishing to pursue a commercial career. You will have a hunger and drive to develop new business with a strong ability to network and maintain and value long term relationships.
Competitive salary + 27.5% OTE (uncapped), Company Car + strong benefits package
Please contact: Kathryn.email@example.com