Job Title: Microbiology Product Specialist
Reports to: Sales Manager
Cherwell Laboratories is a family owned business which has been based in Bicester, England since 1971. We manufacture and supply the Redipor® range of prepared microbiological media to the pharmaceutical and associated industries. We also supply and service specialist environmental air monitoring equipment, primarily in to the same markets.
Cherwell Laboratories operates an ISO9001 Quality Management system and is regularly audited by its customers. The company has managed continued growth over the last 10 years and is planning for further expansion.
We are looking to recruit talented and enthusiastic individuals who can contribute to and share in our success.
- A professional, customer focused business
- Insists on integrity and honesty throughout the organisation
- Family values of sharing and support
This role is key in developing our position as experts in our field of cleanroom microbiology and specifically environmental monitoring. And to contribute to the continued growth of our business by supporting both our direct sales activities and our distributors with technical advice.
- Be the product and application knowledge expert within Cherwell for Redipor prepared media
- Develop strong relationships with our distributors
- Provide technical advice and support to the sales team, customers and distributors on Cherwell’s range of products
- Within 12 months to have visited Cherwell’s European distributors to establish working relationships and assist with any product training and revisit typically annually
- Help manage and motivate distributors and gather quarterly activity reports
- Participate in industry expert groups, e.g. PharMIG, PHSS, NHS QA groups, joining one committee within 12-18 months
- Monitor industry trends and developments to assist with future product development
- Co-ordinate introduction of new products
- Contribute to the general technical knowledge base within the business
- Contribute to marketing material, including website content, newsletter articles, press releases and blog with technical writing and input
- Assist Sales team by participating in and contributing towards exhibitions/conferences each year
This list is indicative of the responsibilities associated with this position, however, other tasks/responsibilities may be added as required.
- Good communicator – effectively understand customer needs and share internally
- Team player – must work effectively with other departments
- Motivated and organised –utilise time effectively and manage priorities
- Attention to detail – provide accurate and appropriate information & advice
- Be enthusiastic – able to motivate others such as distributors
- Professional – confidence in presenting to groups
- Science qualification – ideally in Microbiology
- Industry experience – demonstrate a knowledge of pharma industry, environmental microbiology and GMP
- Flexible – some overseas travel and overnights will be necessary
- Other experience – the successful candidate may also have some commercial experience/awareness, have some experience or knowledge of microbiological media, be competent in a foreign language and have experience of writing technical content
Culture & Values
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual
- Integrity and honesty
Hours of work
- Full Time permanent position – 7½ hours per day, 5 days per week
- Flexibility to work additional hours is essential
Place of work
7 & 8 Launton Business Centre, Murdock Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4XB
Salary & Benefits
Details of pay rate and other benefits will be discussed at interview.
Holiday entitlement is based on 22 days per calendar year plus all public holidays (pro rata).
For further information and / or to send CVs please contact:
Tel: +44 1869 355 500