Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Area: Southern England & Wales
Reporting to: General Manager
PMT is a European Sales and Service Company, focused on selling highly specialised instruments. Our core market is the Cleanroom Industry including but not limited to Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Hospitals and Medical Device Industry with a clear focus in Sterile Production Facilities. Our market leadership is due to high quality and innovative devices and innovative support services.
We supply and service a range of Particle Counters, Microbial Samplers, Real Time Monitors and Ionisation equipment.
For this purpose, we are looking for a dedicated Technical Sales Specialist specialising in instrument sales within the Cleanroom, Sterile Technology and Microbiology Industry. The customer base will include Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Medical Device, Automotive and Hospitals to name a few. The individual’s main task will be increasing sales and market share of our instrumentation for the Cleanroom Industry.
- Executes complete selling process from opportunity creation/identification through contract closing.
- New business development by targeting potential new customers with our product portfolio
- Providing information on the benefits and added value of our range of products to new & existing customers
- Prepares for each sales call and sets specific call objectives
- Will develop a territory plan that includes target accounts, forecast and sales strategies prospecting & leads generation
- Actively prospects across the install base and in new accounts to ensure that target opportunities are developed
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and bookings/revenue expectations are met
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments
- In order to be considered for this role you will need to be a skilled sales specialist and have experience ideally in instrumentation sales, life science sales or cleanroom industry sales along with a demonstrable track record.
- Since this role covers a wide range of activities from direct sales to business development, you will need to collaborate smoothly within a small sales team, yet be able to work independently without close
- Must be able to communicate with various levels within the company from engineers to directors, feedback sales figures and forecasts, advice sales support staff for customer quotations, and discuss service issues with the service
- It would be highly advantageous if you hold a scientific degree but it is not essential, a graduate degree in the bio-sciences or completion of graduate level coursework is desirable
- Proven track record of sales within or related to laboratory instruments, cleanroom industry, pharmaceutical or related industries
- Ability to travel within the UK and overseas (a valid driver’s license and passport without restrictions)
- Effective communicator (both written and spoken)
- Ability to represent the company to all levels within customer organizations, from director level to technicians
- Be a highly self-motivated individual with good organizational skills as you will be home based
- Be able to work independently without close supervision
- Coordinate all issues with key clients between sales, service, support, customer services, marketing and finance
In exchange of your skills and expertise, the company offers a competitive package including a competitive salary, annual bonus, full technical training, pension, and additional benefits such as laptop, mobile phone and company car.
For further information or to apply for this position, please send your CV to:
PMT (GB) Limited
Willow End Park
T: 01684 312950