26th & 27th March 2024 – York
What is it?
A 2-day course designed for those who are new to pharmaceutical microbiology. The course is laboratory-based and has a strong focus on practical techniques, as well as group exercises and lectures. Attendees will have the opportunity to practice fundamental techniques. Course contents include: culture maintenance, microbial identification, environmental monitoring, aseptic technique, and data integrity for the microbiology lab.
- You will leave this course with a clear understanding of not only what happens in a microbiology lab, but why the tests are performed and how to document them correctly.
- Training in the basics will help you to:
- Understand contamination risks to the process
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current control measures
- Maintain compliance with cGMP and data integrity expectations for the laboratory
Who should attend?
Attendees should have a basic grasp of microbiology theory, but only limited or no practical experience. This course is ideal for new lab technicians, graduates, apprentices, and anyone new to the microbiology laboratory environment, as well as managers, production, engineering and QA staff wanting to understand the basics of microbiology laboratory practice.
Delegates may attend just one, or both of the training days.