Pharmig’s 29th Annual November Conference will now be a virtual event
17th & 18th November (via Zoom)
Member Fee £200 (Join Now) / Non-Member Fee £300
Many companies are still reluctant to send employees out to external meetings with a number of them stating ‘no travel’ for the rest of this year. Pharmig are also seeing some organisations who had advertised a F2F event – now swapping theirs back to virtual.
Overall, for Pharmig, yours and all our members health, safety and well-being are paramount. As such – this year’s event will once again be on-line. BUT we do have a great line-up of topics and speakers for you!!
PLUS- attend the main Conference (17th/18th November) and you can attend FREE the technical sponsored presentation days we will be running on the 16th & 19th November. More details of these agendas will follow shortly.
We have everything crossed that our 30th Annual conference next year will be F2F and celebrated in true Pharmig style…!
Presentations & speakers at a glance
- Annex 1 latest updates, GMP findings and regulatory expectations
Alan Moon – Senior GMDP Inspector, MHRA
- Microbiological recalls – an overview
Anna Lovatt – Consumer Healthcare Microbiology Manager, GlaxoSmithKline & Pharmig Committee Member
- EN17141 – What to make of the new Biocontamination Control Standard?
Dr Tim Sandle – Head of Microbiology, Risk Management, & Sterility Assurance, BPL & Pharmig Committee Member
- Virucidal efficacy testing – ‘Pushing the envelope’
Neil Simpson – Technical / R&D Manager, Contec
- Megalab experience – testing for SARS-CoV-2 RNA: Update
Dr M Sudhanva MBBS, MD (Microbiology), FRCPath (Virology)
Kings College Hospital NHS, Foundation Trust, Lead Clinical Advisor for COVID mass, testing Lighthouse Labs and local, advisor for Milton Keynes & Consultant Virologist, South London Specialist Virology Centre & Clinical Director of Pathology for the Viapath laboratories at King’s College Hospital | Viapath & Chair of Panel of Examiners in Virology, Royal College of Pathologists
- What do I need to know to control Burkholderia cepacia?
Donald. C. Singer – Chair, USP General Chapters – Microbiology Expert Committee (USA)
- Continuous microbial quality monitoring of pharmaceutical water systems
Benjamin Pickard – Associate Scientist, New Modalities & Parenteral Development, Pharmaceutical Technology & Development, Operations, AstraZeneca, Macclesfield UK and Pharmig Apprentice of the year winner – 2021
- The use of enzymatic indicators in conjunction with biological indicators for validating a sterile fill isolator
Vicky Stoyel – Senior QA Officer & Veronica Puga Garcia – Validation Manager, Oxford Biomedica
- Transformational technologies: Artificial intelligence for quality control in practice
Miriam Guest – Associate Principal Microbiologist, AstraZeneca & Pharmig Committee Member & Louis Ryan – R&D Director, Ash Technologies Ltd